Monday, March 23, 1998

Karnivore - Eye of the Beheader REVIEW

Eye of the Beheader

SDFK Records 1998
***1/2

I'll say right away that Eye of the Beheader is not a better record than Dungeon Meat, and if it rates higher than Dungeon Meat elsewhere on the internet, blame it on the Morpho. The record sounds like it was made in a stately marble room with lots of nice studio furniture (bummer). The good news is, its 3 hours long and reeks of Oracle.


Given Karnivore's track record of making heavy & dark jams, you'd expect more secrets, or at least something more "chaotic" in character. Say goodbye to Elof's "texas style" mastery of his Scheter Hellraiser... Z1 plucks and heavenly pads galore?!?! Basically this is way more mainstream than 1995's Masters & Slaves... And while a track like Saw You Rot might sound bleak on paper, lets face it, '98 is all about industrial grade bumout cocktail music. Whether you like their new sound or not, you can admire Karnivore for their consistency and they prove yet again that they can still generate the jam. If you like more plastic sounding metal, this is definitely for you.

“I sold my song, my mouth was sown
It’s coming undone, and that’s why I sold out”



3 comments:

  1. HELLO GET OUT OF FINANCIAL MESS WITH THE HELP OF drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    I have been in financial mess for the past months, I’m a single mum with kids to look after. My name is REBECCA MICHAELSON, and am from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about DR BENJAMIN OWEN FINANCE of (drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com); that he can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. She advised, I gave it a try because she and some of her colleagues were rescued too by this Godsent lender with loans to revive their dying businesses and paying off bills. so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation and therefore took me through the loan process which was very brief and easy. After that my loan application worth $278,000.00USD was granted, all i did was to follow the processing and be cooperative and today I am a proud business owner sharing the testimony of God-sent Lender. You can as well reach him through the Company WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

    ReplyDelete